The latest full release (Nov. 2022) for new users.
Extract files to your base CDP folder or another folder of your choice.
Upgrade from 5.x
Upgrade (Nov. 2022) for users who have version 5.
Extract files to your base CDP folder.
Update from 6.0 or 6.01
The latest .exe (2022) if you already have Soundshaper 6.
Unzip files within your existing Soundshaper6 folder.
Help Manual revised for Soundshaper 6.0 (Sep. 2022)
Extract to your CDP\docs folder.
Ten tutorial patches for new users.
Extract the files to your base CDP
Before you can run Soundshaper, you need to :
- Download CDP Release 7.1 (PC) software:
This must be installed in the same base CDP-folder as Soundshaper (e.g. C:\CDPR7).
- Then download the Full Version above (6.02 plus Documentation and Tutorial Patches.
NOTE: The Soundshaper download will soon include the latest CDP software in a single package. This is not available yet.
SETTING UP: FULL VERSION
- Unzip the downloaded zip file SoundshaperFULL.zip into any folder.
- Click on the self-extracting installation file InstallSoundshaper6.exe.
At the prompt, choose a folder (or a drive such as C:\) within which to extract Soundshaper.
The default is the recommended base CDP-folder C:\CDPR7, but you can place Soundshaper elsewhere if you like.
However, please note the convention about naming folders see below.
The installation file will extract files to a sub-folder called Soundshaper6.
- To configure the program for first use, please read the instructions on the SUPPORT PAGE.
When you first start the program, you will be asked to select (or create) some essential folders.
The most important of these is the one in which you have installed CDP software (e.g. C:\CDPR7).
- Also visit OPTIONS | SETTINGS to complete your settings for the program.
UPGRADE FROM VERSION 5.x to 6.02:
- To upgrade, please download the Soundshaper 6 Upgrade (SoundshaperUG.zip).
- Rename or copy your existing folder to Soundshaper6.
- Run the self-extracting installer Soundshaper6UG.exe, choosing the same base CDP-folder as before (e.g. C:\CDPR7).
Files that are to be upgraded will be over-written.
- If you wish to preserve your previous version of Soundshaper within the Soundshaper6 folder, rename Soundshaper.exe first before unzipping to Soundshaper5.exe.
- Alternatively, install the SoundshaperFULL version, which creates the new folder Soundshaper6, and copy across your settings file Soundshaper.cfg.
Be aware, however, that the SoundshaperFULL version replaces user text files in [CDP-base-folder]\TXT.
- As necessary, visit the Settings page and re-save your Options.
UPDATE FROM VERSION 6.0 or 6.01 to 6.02:
- Download the Soundshaper 6.02 Update (Soundshaper602UD.zip).
- Unzip within your existing Soundshaper6 folder.
Soundshaper.exe and other files will be updated to vn 6.02.
UPGRADING FROM EARLIER VERSIONS (Soundshaper 4.x)
- Please download and install the full version (6.02).
- If you already have datafiles you need to keep, rename your current User folder first, especialy if it's called [CDP-base-folder]\TXT (e.g. C:\CDPR7\TXT).
- Also rename your current configuration file (Soundshaper.evt) to Soundshaper.cfg, if your Settings will be the same or similar.
Put Soundshaper.cfg into your new Soundshaper folder after downloading Soundshaper 6, but before starting the program.
- Some options and other Settings will be different: visit OPTIONS | SETTINGS and re-save the file.
CONFIGURATION FILE UPDATE:
Please note that Soundshaper's Settings are now stored in a configuration file called Soundshaper.cfg, instead of the previous Soundshaper.evt.
Soundshaper will still accept an .evt suffix, but will rename the file with a .cfg extension. You can easily do this yourself, of course, within Windows.
FOLDER NAMES IN SOUNDSHAPER
- Please use ASCII (Roman-alphabet) characters as used in English when naming folders (and possibly also files), namely: a-z (lower or upper case) and numbers 0-9.
Previously, a new Soundshaper user found that source files would not load and he traced the problem to non-ASCII characters in the folder-name (the Portugese for "Applications"). Windows supported the folder-name, but Soundshaper would not.
Do not use folder paths with spaces. This is because CDP programs run in a command-line environment, where such spaces may produce errors.
This applies to Soundshaper folders set on the OPTIONS | SETTINGS page. Soundfiles that you load or save can, however, have spaces in the name.
The Soundshaper Help manual has been updated for Soundshaper 6.0.
Unzip the file to the CDP Docs folder (e.g. C:\CDPR7\DOCS\).
For new features in Soundshaper 6 and recent versions, see the NEWS page. For Soundshaper 6, please refer to the file "Soundshaper6 What's New.pdf" supplied with the program. Two extracts from the Manusl (About Soundshaper.pdf and Basic Operation.pdf) are also supplied, in the \DOCS folder.
BUGS AND ISSUES
For the latest Known Bugs and Issues, click here:
This also lists the latest bugfixes and amendments.
This file is currently out of date, but will be revised soon.
Please e-mail with any bug reports or suggestions for improvement.
- Support for Soundshaper and CDP is mostly offered through the
CDP Users' Forum.
- Users may also e-mail with specific problems related to Soundshaper and/or CDP (see Links page).
Also see the SUPPORT PAGE for:
- how to set up CDP and Soundshaper
- how to use an external audio editor with Soundshaper.